Wednesday, April 18, 2012

What I've Learned

So far I have been able to learn a lot about social media from this course.  Mostly, I am learning how to be more active and also professional with the use of blogs, Facebook, Twitter, etc.  The most interesting concept to me has been blogs.  I tried making a blog in the past, but I had a really hard time finding something to write about and also keeping up with it.  The purpose I tried using it for was mainly to just talk about my life. From this class, however, I have realized you can use blogs in professional way to get noticed throughout a company you may work for or just write about your opinion on something you find important. I've also learned how to get your blog seen by more people by making its appearance more appealing and adding different tools people can use to connect to your blog or post it on other sites.

The most boring topic that we've discussed in class is probably the Tag Clouds and Cloud Computing. I understand that it can be a way of storing useful documents and other things online so that you can access it anywhere from any device, but it's not very interesting of a topic to have a discussion on.  It's also a little bit difficult to understand if you have never had a Dropbox or used Mediafire before. It's definitely a neat thing to have available, but definitely not much fun to talk about.

There's a lot of ways I can take what I'm learning and apply it to the real world. First of all, I can use blogging for a professional reason instead of a personal journal type use.  It will allow me to write my opinions and also research other people's opinions on different media topics.  Also, many of the things I'm learning in this class are teaching me how to connect to other people via the internet, which is really a great thing and can teach me a lot in itself.  As I've said in earlier posts, I really want to blog about my summer internship at a film company and I will know how to add interesting photos and make my blog look professional for that.

This is a picture of the city of Santa Monica. I decided to post this because this is where I'll be blogging from this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment