Wednesday, April 25, 2012

What's Going on in that Head of Mine?

Currently, there are a lot of things on my mind.  Most of it has to do with video editing.  Right now I'm editing for the AVW show "Life in Adams" and have 4 episodes to finish by May 11th, which is stressing me out. I love editing though, so I know I'll be a happy camper as soon as I get some free time to sit down and crank out these episodes.

This is just a little teaser I made for the upcoming season of "Life in Adams"

Along with that, every weekend I've been on set for the 419 production, "Here Lies Luther." I'm the assistant editor and DIT for this short film and have been sooo incredibly busy with it. I absolutely love working on it and I especially love being around the crew, because they are fabulous. It's kind of sad that I have to miss out on all of the fests that everyone else is getting to go to, but working on these films is totally worth it.  Plus, I want to be a professional editor someday...not a professional partier. The funny thing about working on films is you never know what crazy things you're going to have to do. For "Here Lies Luther" we literally had to dig our own grave and make our own head stone, which is pretty out there. As someone who gets an inside look at the footage, it looks incredibly professional and I cannot wait until it's finished.

Grave diggin'

Lastly, summer is one of the big things on my mind lately! I am completely excited to be in LA for 3 months working at an amazing company and being in a beautiful place! It's going to be one of the coolest experiences, especially since I got to meet a few producers out there over spring break. We've been keeping in touch and I can't wait to meet up with them and learn as much as I can about the industry. It's really going to be an incredible experience.


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you're quite busy, Carly, but it all sounds incredibly wonderful! Keep us updated about "Life in Adams" and "Here Lies Luther"

    ReplyDelete