Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What the BLOG?!

As I was looking at other people's blogs today I came to a few different conclusions. First of all, people are super creepy and second of all, people really need lives! I say this because the first 3 blogs I came across were all about cats. Yes, cats. People like to make blogs and pretend it's their cat's blog and write their posts as if the cat is writing them. Odd. The 4th blog that I came across was not much better. The first 5 posts or so were videos and pictures of Hitler. 

Finally, the 5th blog that I came across when I pressed "next blog" was actually really neat.  This blog is called Frances Castles' Illustration Blog. If you couldn't tell by the name it's a blog about her illustrations. I'd put it in the category of an Art blog. After looking through it for a while, I was really intrigued with how neat her work is. I even found out that she's won some awards. 




Her blog is very neat and she's got a really nice layout and image at the top of her page that really encapsulates what her work is all about. The one thing that she's really missing is an About Me. She has a link to her website, which I went to and checked to see if she had an About Me there, but she did not. I think it's really important, especially in her case, for people to know who she is. Her blog is all about her work and it is hard to connect to her as person without knowing anything about her. 





Frances' blog is pretty simple and doesn't have too many extra things added.  She does have her Twitter  off to the side as well as a way for people to follow her. She has a lot of pictures of her work, which is the best part.  That's what everyone wants to look at anyway when she's writing about it in her posts.


1 comment:

  1. Carly,

    You probably get this all the time, but you have a very nice blog going on here. You write in a smooth, personal style and break up the text with great pictures. That illustration blog looks like a basket of fun, I'm interested in getting one of their books.

    I'm a little offended, though, because I co-author a blog about Cats and Hitler videos

    ReplyDelete