Sunday, May 13, 2012

New Technologies




After watching the TED video about all this new technology where you can use your mind to make things happen, I am not sure how I feel about it.  I really get a little weirded out with technology that is so invasive.  I guess it isn't too creepy, because it's only doing what you tell it to do with your mind, but it's still weird to me.  I can see how this would be helpful to to human connection, because it's allowing people to use their minds to do things versus creating robots that are programmed to do something we want it to do.  


There are both disadvantages and advantages to technology like this. However, I think with inventions like these it's just putting the world on the fast track to laziness.  I think it's a much better thing when people have to physically do work.  Everything is being made for the use of simplicity, including inventions like this which can be taken as an advantage and disadvantage.  With simplicity comes laziness, but sometimes simplicity is a good thing because then you are able to get things done faster and more effectively.  


In my personal opinion, I think that it is just another "isolating" feature of our technical world.  Don't get me wrong, it's really cool to be able to come up with technology that actually can connect to a human brain, but when does it go too far? When are we crossing a line with technology like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment